Vision Upgrad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision Upgrad

We are upgrading our Vision from version 16.1 to 18.1. Anything we should watch out for, or can anyone tell me what will come with this upgrade?

Here is a link to the Release notes. These are also in the download of the upgrade files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkcl6iz5zu...18.1s.pdf?dl=0

Les

Comment

Jeff, this upgrade will require a panel OS upgrade as well to OS 38. Do you have the files or card for that? Also with v18 you get additional memories (500) and customs. Make sure you save a v16 set and do not save over it once upgraded to v18. If for any reason you need to downgrade you will want to have a v16 set that has not been touched by v18.

here is a link to the v18 release notes
      https://transfer.rossvideo.com/f/cfceb0b5954bf7b5

If you need assistance with the upgrade send an email to techsupport@rossvideo.com and we can help you out.

Mike
      Tech Support

Comment

Thank you! We are fully upgraded. I have 2 questions now that we are up and running. We are using Overdrive Version 10.0.1. Does this switcher upgrade make communication with a Black Magic router possible?

2nd, we currently use a GPO to facilitate Overdrive Commands (prep next, prep advance, etc.). Is there a way for the new switcher software to use custom controls to run Overdrive Commands instead? It does not advance our OD Rundown with the CCs we build with OD commands, but I am not sure if we need to change a setting for OD to "listen" for the command.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Don't know -- What Protocols does your BMD Router Support?

I think you need a newer version of OverDrive to support those Commands.

Comment

Does anybody have touch issues after upgrade to version 18? My touch doesn't work anymore! Any help please? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by maurovillas View Post
              Does anybody have touch issues after upgrade to version 18? My touch doesn't work anymore! Any help please? Thanks in advance!
              have you called tech support? They can walk you through calibrating the screen -- also did you upgrade the Vision OS? Finally make sure that the system has the USB connected before you power up the panel. Sometime the touch driver won't load if the touch screen USB is not present when it boots up.

Comment

Working...
              X