Keys with alpha channels

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keys with alpha channels

I have created a lower third in Photoshop with a gradient transparency (one side of the lower third bar is transparent then gradually becomes solid). When i bring it into the switcher the transparent part of my L3 becomes white... If I choose to use a completely solid graphic it keys perfectly, but I want to have some gradient transparency in it... I used Photoshop CS3.

Any ideas?

Can you send me the the TGA or PNG you made plus the original PSD file?

loreilly@rossvideo.com

Les

Comment

Jamie,

Have a look at how PS creates the alpha. I seem to remember that some graphics packages would create alphas in a reversal of the style we're accustomed to in video, that is the 'hole' is created as white, where the switcher would expect to key out anything in black.

Regards,

Geoff.

Comment

Yes, that was exactly the issue. I had to go back into PS and throw in a black bg layer and then export it. Works like a charm!

Comment

I think I have a similar issue- Here is my PNG file- and also how it looks with the alpha key enabled. Would the same as above work for me?
          Attached Files

Comment

For me it wasn't the black background, but going deeper into the key menu and hitting "Make Linear" fixed my issue.
            Last edited by stangmasterflash; 08-02-2016, 12:43 PM.

Comment

I just looked at those images -- the Fill channel has White where there is supposed to be transparency. Thus you have to do a Linear key and not an Additive Linear (shaped key) on the switcher. This is because your photoshop is giving you a White layer not a black layer.

Comment

Working...
              X