Mini ME into Mini ME

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini ME into Mini ME

I'm currently running a Carbonite Black Solo and I'm wondering if it is possible to place a Mini ME inside a Mini ME. For instance, I would like to place MiniME2 as a key of MiniME1. It doesn't seem to want to let me to do that so I'm thinking it is not possible but I would like to know if I'm maybe just doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Hi there, yes you can do this. However there are signal flow constraints they might be preventing this from working for you. the flow can be as follows...

MiniME>ME>MiniME or MiniME>MiniME or ME>MiniME. But Not ME>MiniME>MiniME or MiniME>MiniME>ME. Check signal assignments into both MiniMEs, I suspect something from the ME is already assigned and needs to be cleared.

Comment

I guess specifically what I would like to do is to place MiniME2 into a DVE keyer within MiniME1 and then take Mini ME1 hot on the ME. Basically I want to be able to wipe between elements within a 2 box.

Comment

Hi -- you will not be able to do that with a Solo. As Nigel points out you have a Timing window of a MiniME slot before the ME and then a MiniME slot after the ME.

You're not able to do MiniME -- MiniME -- ME.....

To build what you want you would need to Put a MiniME in a Box that is on the Full ME and then a Second Box on the Full ME.

Comment

Hey Les,

You are referring to me building the boxes in the DSK and not the MiniMEs?

Comment

Correct -- If you want to be able to transition in the box like your mentioning then you can not do MiniME-MiniME- ME. It is not possible.

Comment

Working...
            X