Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help required on how to automatically switch the source of an ME bank whenever two VT sources are Cut on the main PGM Bank.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help required on how to automatically switch the source of an ME bank whenever two VT sources are Cut on the main PGM Bank.

We have a request to change the feed to a display on an external large monitor screen whenever a particular source is cut on the main PGM Bank. Basically they don't want the viewers of the external screen to view a VT replay. We want the feed to the external monitor to automatically switch to a camera source whenever the two VT replay sources are cut on the PGM bank of the vision mixer. I was thinking of using the output of an ME bank routed via an Aux to feed the external Large Screen, but how do you make the ME to automatically cut to another Source during the two VT replays. Any help appreciated.

You could do this several ways --- Here are a four ways that might help. Or maybe give you a thought on how to do your signals.

If your switcher (vision mixer) has only one ME:
    You could make custom controls for each tape machine and camera to take them on PGM while on your AUX it selects a camera:
    Then you would select the custom controls to take sources instead of taking them directly.
    You would send AUX to your screens and Program to transmission

Custom controls would look something like:

CAM 1 through ?? custom controls:
    PGM - CAM xx
    AUX - CAM xx

VT1 custom control:
    PGM - VT1
    AUX - Cam 1

VT2 custom control:
    PGM - VT2
    AUX - Cam 1

If your switcher (vision mixer) has only one ME:
    You could assign each VT to a key and send "clean" to your screens. Program to transmission
    You would then take the VT (KEYED) ---- thus allowing you to cut cameras that would be going to the screens as VT is being transmitted

If your switcher (vision mixer) has MORE than one ME:
    You would cut the show and send the ME you are cutting cameras on to the screens while sending Program to transmission
    On PGM you would have your ME selected for the cameras and take the VTs on PGM only. Thus, the screens would not see the VTs and would only see cameras

The way I cut my "soccer / futbol" shows might be a way you would like to do this.... (I use a 3 M/E Carbonite Black) - and send out 3 shows at the same time.

1. I cut the show cameras on M/E 2
    2. I send M/E 2 clean to MiniM/E 1 then MiniM/E 1 to Aux 5 (you can use any Aux) - This is my CUTS ONLY - CLEAN FEED (NO REPLAY)
    3. I send M/E 2 clean to MiniM/E 2 then MiniM/E 2 to Aux 6 (you can use any Aux) This is my WORLD FEED - In my "REPLAY IN/OUT timeline (custom control)" on MiniM/E 2 I key different replay animations than on M/E 2 (I have M/E 2 selected on M/E 3 - M/E 3 is DIRTY PROGRAM).

My "REPLAY IN" custom control looks something like:

Load Expression 1 - Show Replay IN
    Load Expression 2 - MLS Replay IN
    Mini M/E 2 - Key 2 ON (has Expression 2 as key source)
    M/E 2 - Key 4 ON (has Expression 1 as key source)
    Run Expression 1
    Run Expression 2
    Hold 15 frames
    CUT M/E 2 (I select which source it will cut to manually on M/E2 preview bus --- the first tape machine)
    Mini M/E 1 - Take CAMERA 1 (Game Camera)
    Hold 15 Frames
    Mini M/E 2 - Key 2 OFF
    M/E 2 - Key 4 OFF

My "REPLAY OUT" custom control looks something like:

Load Expression 1 - Show Replay OUT
    Load Expression 2 - MLS Replay OUT
    Mini M/E 2 - Key 2 ON (has Expression 2 as key source)
    M/E 2 - Key 4 ON (has Expression 1 as key source)
    Run Expression 1
    Run Expression 2
    Hold 15 frames
    CUT M/E 2 (I select which source it will cut to manually on M/E2 preview bus --- the camera coming out of replay to see)
    Mini M/E 1 - Take M/E 2 Clean (Clean M/E where I cut the show cameras)
    Hold 15 Frames
    Mini M/E 2 - Key 2 OFF
    M/E 2 - Key 4 OFF

By having M/E 3 as DIRTY PROGRAM ---- I can then use other effects to get me in and out of other things like promos, specialty packages and interviews without effecting the other shows.
    All of my other effects / transitions custom controls only change what I am sending out as DIRTY PROGRAM

Example:
    Load Expression 1 - Flare
    M/E 3 Key 4 ON (Expression 1 as source)
    Run Expression 1
    Hold 10 frames
    CUT (I preview select what I am going to ---- camera with graphics - tape machine - tape with graphics - graphics key - graphic full)
    Hold 15 frames
    M/E 3 Key 4 OFF

Comment

Working...
    X