Triggering Harmonics Video Server Using Carbonite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggering Harmonics Video Server Using Carbonite

I am currently running a Harmonics video server through Dalet, and was wondering if there was any information in regards to playback triggering through Carbonite. Before I had set up ProVideoServer using AMP, and was wondering if there was a similar setup, or really any information in regards to Harmonics and Carbonite.

Thanks,

Ryan

Sorry Ryan -- but I am not aware if those video servers support AMP. Another option might be to use GPI triggers.

Comment

Thanks Les,

As a side note, I am trying to set up a GPI trigger from Master Control to fire a Custom Control. Is there anything I would need to know, or is it as simple as just assigning (and hard wiring) say input 34 to a GPI that is instructed to trigger said Custom Control. Like is there any type or length of signal that is needed from Master Control to the Carbonite that is needed?

Comment

You can literally use a paper clip to tie it to the GND pin on the DB-37 and it will trigger the GPI. So assign the GPI in the dashboard menu to the Custom control you would like to trigger then test it

Comment

I know the Carbonite is technically only supposed to automate with Yamaha audio boards, but do you think there is any chance the same setup procedure would work with a Calrec audio board?

Comment

Calrec does not support the Yamaha Midi protocol. That said I do think we may offer a for sale DashBoard Application that does the Yamaha to RAP conversion that can interface with Calrec and also the SideSlide faders.

Comment

I was doing some more research on Harmonics Spectrum X playback supported automation protocols. Again, I am trying to streamline playback functionality through my Ross Carbonite to the Harmonics Spectrum X playback device.

These are the supported communications:
              Polaris Advance, Polaris Elite, Polaris Play, Polaris Live All Oxtel protocol automation systems (Ethernet or RS-422) Clip playback control via Spectrum API or VDCP (RS-422)

I know Carbonite primarily use AMP or Rosstalk Generic, but could any of these protocols be used in a similar fashion via Carbonite over Ethernet connection. Maybe there is a software upgrade or conversion device that could help establish that communication. Or should I just focus on setting up GPI triggers?

Comment

Have you tried the DashBoard VDCP generic commands with the server? Do they work? Maybe you can setup some buttons in a DashBoard panel to send commands to the server and then use RossTalk GPI events to trigger those buttons.

Comment

Is there any information in regards to Dashboard VDCP, like a tutorial or written manual?

Thanks,
                  Ryan

Comment

Ryan -- Try the DashBoard U video linked here:

https://www.rossvideo.com/gallery/using-vdcp/

Les

Comment

Working...
                    X