Version 8.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 8.0

I saw it in action at NAB, any time frame as to when that might be coming out?

Version 8 will be this summer. Probably August.

Comment

lesoreilly any word on this? Thanks

Comment

Les is on Vacation this week, however I can tell you that we have experienced a delay in the release of Version 8.0. It is now going to release at the end of September. It is now looking very good and has some major additions. It will be worth the wait .

Comment

‚Äčnigelspratling or lesoreilly I will be at NAB NY next week, will there be more info regarding 8.0 there? Thanks guys!

Comment

I will be at NAB NY next week as well We are getting close to the release.

Comment

Version 8 was released late last week. Crossing fingers, backing up, and installing today. New features look worth the risk of being an early adopter - will post with any issues (or if none found).

Comment

• Bryhawks
                Bryhawks commented
                Editing a comment
                Install went perfectly, only one issue with PGM B keyers not showing on-air (white but not red) whereas PGM A keyers show red. There is no U1/U2 bus being used for PGM B, it's just a keyer split (1-5 show red and are PGM A, 6-8 white only and PGM B). All 8 keyers work, however, it's just the color when live. The ME is set to always tally. Will open a support call unless someone here has an idea.

Is this on your main PGM ME or an upper ME.

Comment

It's on ME2 which we're using as our main ME. We have two purchased MEs and aren't using the built-in half-ME (3) but it's not fully turned off, just not touched. Same config as before the v8 upgrade.

Comment

Okay so this is due then to the fact that ME 2B is not actually selected on the PGM ME. Version 8 had a lot of fixed so that the ME would "tally" correctly when it was being split up like this. Basically sources on the B or C or D outputs were tallying even though they were not actually on Air only A was going out the PGM ME. Looks like we missed adding the additional MEs into the Always ON Air sections.

Comment

Thanks, Les - makes sense. ME2 PGM A is our broadcast feed, ME2 PGM B (keys 6-8) is IMAG and is also live. I can work with it as-is for now, I just have to pay more attention to what keyers are live. Let me know if you want me to open a ticket or just be patient... Thanks for your help!

Comment

What is the Half ME doing?? If it can some how put the ME2 PGM B as a source online -- Even a Keyer that has the Clip set to 100 so that it is fully transparent then you would be able to have it ON AIR that way and tallied accordingly.

Comment

Tried it - that works, since we're not using the half ME output at all. Thanks! It's a few more red on-air lights on the panel but for now, it's fine.

Comment

Working...
                        X