Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROLL CLIP BUTTON PLACEMENT...

Hello ROSS,

I have been a TD maybe too long - raised on Grass and Sony.
    For a few years now I also use ROSS VISION and CARBONITE.

In my opinion ROSS has the best software and I would just love to get
    my hands on an ACUITY.

What completely perplexes me about the VISION and ACUITY switcher panels
    is the location of the ROLL CLIP button. To me, it is in the worst possible place -
    it acts as a barrier to the CUT and AUTOTRANS button. The placement of that button also makes me paranoid
    about blindly reaching for the CUT/AT button.

Would a ROSS person please explain the benefit of the placement of the ROLLCLIP button.
    If I run automation...who cares about button position.
    If I am switching a live show - that button placement is like designing a square tire!

Am I nuts?

Hi!!

Well it has never really been an issue. What is nice is that you have access to the button to enable or disable the feature on the fly for the auto rolling of your servers.

When I put my had on the transition area The button on the right is the Auto and the button to the left of that is my Cut. This is the first time this has ever been mentioned to me either publicly or in person. Also if you like Sony on the Vision and Acuity you can make the Right button be the Cut and The Left be the Auto Trans. Just make sure you swap the caps after you set that personality option.

Les

Comment

Les,

Without asking you the answer - I think what I need to understand is if SONY, GRASS, ROSS, etc have patents on their transition-panel layouts.
      If the answer is yes - then I understand why transition panels are laid out as they are... thanks for the response.

Comment

No We don't have patents on the layout of the panels. But each has a differences much like cars have. The Roll Clip has been there because that is just where we put it so it keeps showing up there.

Comment

ok thanks Les... mucho appreciado...

Comment

Working...
          X